- This event has passed.
May 21 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Facebook Workshop: $15
Do you want to stay connected to your children and grandchildren? Do you want to see what they are doing every day? Facebook is a wonderful way to keep abreast of the daily lives of those you love. See the pictures they post, share your pictures with them…send them messages to let them know you are thinking about them. You will learn how to do all of this, as well as make sure your Facebook account is set up privately and securely. During the 2 hour Facebook workshop, you will learn the following:
- Background and beginnings of Facebook explained
- Steps to set up Facebook account & create a profile
- Discuss & set security and privacy options
- Meaning of “like” and ‘follow”
- Connect with Facebook friends
- Create a post on Facebook
- Reply to others on Facebook
- Upload a picture to Facebook
- What is Facebook Messenger?
- Follow businesses of interest
- How to create groups
** You must bring a device (laptop, tablet, iPad, or smartphone) with you to this workshop. You must also know how to use this device confidently as this is not a workshop on how to use your device.